Diarrhea is a disease called Preventable Death (a death that can easily be prevented) because diarrhea is not a serious disease. Unfortunately, because of ignorance of parents, children can die because they are treated late.
Diarrhea or diarrhea can be interpreted as frequent bowel movements more than three times in 24 hours with liquid viscosity and lasting no more than a week. There is acute diarrhea, which is diarrhea that is experienced four to five times a year, there is also called chronic diarrhea, namely diarrhea where the child has diarrhea, heals, then a month relapse again. Conditions like this, usually there is a relationship with poverty and malnutrition continuously.
Children under the age of one year are prone to diarrhea and can cause dehydration, this is what can endanger the life of the child. Signs of children affected by diarrhea and dehydration include:
- A big bouncy font
- Dry mouth and tongue
- Period like entering (celong)
- The skin of the stomach when pinched like paper (does not return to normal, or the recovery is slow)
- Limp body, consciousness goes down like sleeping continuously, head is difficult to enforce.
- Hold the pulse in his hand, then pressed. If the pulse is still loud, it is still safe. If the pulse is weak, be careful.
For first aid in children diarrhea so as not to dehydrate is to give ORS to children. Each sachet of ORS is dissolved in 200 ml of warm water, and ORS can only be used for 24 hours, if it has passed 24 hours, then immediately replace it with new ORS. If you do not have time to buy ORS, then you can make ORS liquid itself, the way is: dissolve one spoonful of sugar and ½ tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of warm water.
Prevention is indeed better than cure, as is diarrhea. How to prevent diarrhea include:
- Improve environmental sanitation.
- Availability of clean water, if you want to be safer, you should consume mineral water.
- Keep the eating utensils clean for children, especially toddlers.
- Parents before working on children’s needs, must wash their hands thoroughly first.
- The child’s water balance also needs attention.
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables.
That is first aid in children affected by diarrhea, along with how to prevent it. May be useful for you all.